BMFA MIDLAND AREA MINUTES OF ANNUAL GENERAL METING HELD ON 31.12,2017 ELECTRONICALLY AS SPECIFIED IN AGENDA 8.11.2017
CIRCULATE TO ALL MIDLAND AREA CLUB CONTACTS.
(1) Responses recieved from
- Greenacres MAC
- Birmingham MAC
- Mansfield & Dist RMFC
- Retford MFC
- Blue Sky Aeromodellers
A low response for an AGM.
(2) Area Committee: No proposals were received wishing to take up any existing or vacant posts .
The existing committee is as follows:
- Chairman – John Day
- Vice Chairman – Vacant
- Secretary – Alf Tunnicliffe
- Treasurer – Alf Tunnicliffe
- Education Co-ordinator – Marian Ainsworth
- PRO – Vacant
- Achievement Scheme Co-ordinator – Steve Mason
- Area Delegate – Steve Mason
- IT Co-ordinator – Chris Anderson
All members were contacted and agreed to continue for another year to 31.12.2018 (Unanimous)
(3) Achievement Scheme: Steve Mason provided the meeting with a full list of Area Chief Examiners:
- Steve Mason
- Nigel Taylor
- Brian Young
- Terence Moore
- Bob Binley
- John Bridgett
- Adrian Clarke
- Pat Dare
- Peter Derbyshire
- Richard Eaton
There were no objections and were therefore all ratified to continue for a further year (unanimous)
The meeting thanks Steve for all his work in administering this important part of our area responsibilities and for his work as our Official Area Delegate.
(4) Treasurer’s Report: A full set of accounts as at 31.3.2017 has been prepared and audited. Over and above our general expensed several payments have been made to Area Clubs to support them with toilet and other expenses where club organised events have given particular – term building society deposits of £9,250.
(5) Annual Review: The response from most clubs in our area regarding meetings of any kind (electronically) has been abysmal but we thank those who took the time to contact us this year (see para 1) A proposal has been received from Retford MAC that we look at the possibility of organising an Area Fly-in at BMFA Buckminster in July midweek. A preliminary date of 12th July 2018 has been pencilled in with the intention that our area provides some discount funding to those wishing to attend…details to be finalised.
Some clubs are having difficulty in locating Midland Area Website. You may Google bmfamid or contact Area Sec on email@example.com or 01790 755552 or for more technical issues Chris Anderson on firstname.lastname@example.org who will route you in the right direction regarding Committee Members, Events etc……
(6) Meeting Dates for 2018
- AGM 31/12/2018
Sec. Midland Area